- What are the graduation application deadlines?
Please see the Graduation Deadlines at Apply to Graduate.
- What happens if I miss the deadline?
Your application will be processed after the next semester's graduation application deadline.
- How will I know whether my application has been received?
You will receive an ACCmail confirmation of your application.
- What should I do if I have questions?
Contact your assigned faculty advisor or an any campus Advising Office.
- What should I do if I've completed more than one program of study?
You may select each program when you complete your graduation application.
- Can I receive more than one degree?
You have the opportunity to receive multiple degrees. Below are some exceptions:
- You can receive only one Associate of Arts and one Associate of Science from ACC.
- ACC does not award Associate of Arts in General Studies if you already are receiving another associate degree.
- If you are receiving an Associate of Applied Science, you cannot also receive certificates from the same program of study. However, you can receive the associate degree if you were previously awarded certificates from the same program.
- If I don't finish requirements, will my application carry over to the next term?
No, you will have to reapply. Applications are only good for one semester.
- What if I finish my degree in one term but don't apply until later?
Your degree will be awarded the semester you submit your graduation application, and degree awarding begins the last day of the semester.
- Why do I have to apply for graduation?
Your graduation application signals the college to begin an official degree audit. It also tells us that it's time to order your diploma.
- What is a degree audit?
A degree audit is the process of checking your records to verify you have met all of the requirements for graduation. This includes making sure that transfer courses and substitutions have been properly applied to your degree or certificate program. The Graduation Office completes an official degree audit when you apply to graduate. You may complete an unofficial degree audit/program evaluation through Online Services.
- How do I know whether I am ready to apply for graduation?
- What is my catalog in effect?
Your catalog in effect is the catalog you have been following to meet degree requirements. View Catalog
- What is the "in residence" rule?
You must complete no less than 25 percent of your ACC program of study in regular classroom classes or Distance Learning classes. These are considered in residence classes. CLEP, AP, course challenges, or military training will not meet the in residence rule.
- My program evaluation says courses aren't completed. What should I do?
- I don't know who my faculty advisor is. What should I do?
- I have an Incomplete (I) grade on my transcript. Can I still apply to graduate?
Courses that have Incomplete or Audited (I or AU on your transcript) do not fulfill requirements for degrees or certificates.
- When will I receive my diploma or certificate?
ACC will mail your diploma or certificate to the address listed on the graduation application within eight weeks following the end of the semester. Confirm your current address with the Graduation Office before the last day of the semester you intend to graduate.
- Can I pick up my diploma instead of having it mailed to me?
Following commencement, the Graduation mails your official ACC diploma to the address listed on your graduation application. IMPORTANT: Confirm your current address with the Graduation Office before end of semester.
If you prefer to pick up your diploma, send an email to the Graduation Office with "Pick Up Diploma" as the subject line. Include your name, ID number, phone number, and email address. You will receive notice with instructions on pickup when your diploma is ready for pickup.
Allow eight weeks for processing official degrees and certificates.
- Can I get additional copies of my diploma?
Yes. For a small fee, you can order replacement or duplicate copies of your diploma online.