Support Center: Questions & Answers

Support Center: Questions & Answers

  • Who is eligible to apply for childcare? Other services?

    You can request Support Center services if you are eligible to receive a Pell grant and one of the following apply:

    • You are a single parent.
    • Your program of study (degree or certificate) is not traditional for your gender.
    • You are a displaced homemaker.
  • Do I have to be a full-time student to receive assistance?

    No. You can take as little as 1 credit.

  • Can I take any classes that I want?

    Yes. However, you will receive assistance only for classes in your degree plan.

  • When do I apply for assistance?

    We accept applications year-round. Awards are first-come, first-served as funds become available.

  • How long does it take before I know if I will be getting assistance?

    The process takes about three weeks before you receive notice of your award status.

  • What if I am not awarded childcare or textbook payment assistance?

    You may still use the textbook loan program and other services.

  • Why am I not getting assistance? I meet all the criteria.

    The number of applicants exceeds the availability of funds; it is important to apply early to increase your chance of receiving assistance.

  • I got textbook payment assistance but applied for childcare assistance?

    The Support Center budget is divided into separate funds for childcare and textbooks, and available funds are awarded until they run out.

  • Do I have to use a specified childcare provider?

    You may use any registered or licensed childcare provider.

  • What if I do not have a childcare provider?

    You will be responsible for finding one who meets your needs and is registered or licensed.