ACC adheres to the Texas Education Code for tuition and fees refunds.
IMPORTANT: Review the consequences of dropping or withdrawing from a class.
College Credit Tuition & Fee Refunds
- Dropping a class may entitle you to either an 100%, 70%, 25%, or 0% refund (depending on when the class is dropped during the registration period). For more information regarding refunds percentages, click here.
- Refunds for dropped classes will be processed twice weekly until the semester tuition deadline for your registration period.
- During the semester registration period, refunds will not be processed the week before any payment deadline.
- College credit tuition/fee refund deadlines are posted on this page.
- Select your refund preference in advance to avoid delays in receiving your refund.
Continuing Education Tuition & Fee Refunds
ACC mails Continuing Education tuition/fee refunds to your address on file unless you paid with a credit card. Ensure ACC has your correct address on file. See instructions to update your address.
Continuing Education tuition/fee refund deadlines will be posted on this page as soon as available.
First Day Book Fee Refunds
To opt out of the First Day book fee submit your request through your course’s site on Blackboard. Requests to opt out or to cancel your opt out must be submitted by 5 p.m. on the deadlines which will be posted on this page. Please note that refunds will be issued 15 days after the last day to opt out.
- Credit card refunds will appear on your monthly statement. You are responsible for interest charged to the credit card account while the refund is processed.
- Refunds of third-party or sponsor payments are sent back to those payers, See other payment arrangements for third-party information.
- We deduct any debt owed to the college before issuing a refund.