In January, 2012, the Secretary of Education invited submissions about promising and practical strategies, practices, programs, and activities that have improved rates of postsecondary success, transfer, and graduation. On this page, you can find the submissions from institutions and organizations that responded. The Department of Education (ED) hopes that this information will be of interest to others in situations similar to those described in these submissions. In September, 2012, ED invited a second round of submissions, which will add to this growing compendium of knowledge about promising practices.
- Events & Activities - Work Groups - Engagement Strategies
- Enhanced Learning Communities
- Late Registration and Success Factors-References
- Late Registration - Texas Community College Teachers Association
- Late Registration - Inside Higher Ed
- Achieving the Dream Developmental Educational Initiative
- Accelerating the Academic Achievement of Students Referred to Developmental Education: A Review of the Evidence
- Assessing Developmental Assessment in Community Colleges
- Online Learning: Does It Help Low-Income and Underprepared Students?
- Redesigning Community Colleges for Completion: Lessons From Research on High-Performance Organizations
- Toward a New Understanding of Non-Academic Student Support: Four Mechanisms Encouraging Positive Student Outcomes in the Community College
- Facilitating Student Achievement Through Contextualization
- The Shapeless River: Does a Lack of Structure Inhibit Students' Progress at Community Colleges?
- Community College Survey of Student Engagement (CCSSE) at the University of Texas - Austin