Faculty coaches at ACC have a unique set of responsibilities towards furthering the success of students in their department.
An elected faculty coach:
- Receives and presents to the department the annual ACC Snapshot, the annual Departmental Snapshot, and other available student success assessment data (e.g. CCSSE, SENSE, Noel-Levitz).
- Participates in the institution's Faculty Coach training and attends coach meetings.
- Assists departmental faculty in understanding, utilizing, and analyzing all departmental and institutional student data.
- Coordinates departmental student and other focus groups to determine causes of data identified issues.
- Works with departmental faculty to obtain national discipline specific benchmarks of student success.
- Coordinates with OIEA staff and the departmental faculty to obtain additional data as needed.
- Schedules with the Department Chair and facilitates faculty meetings to discuss departmental student success plan.
- Assists departmental faculty in identifying key student success targets based on data and benchmarks.
- Assists departmental faculty in developing strategies for achieving targets.
- Assists Department Chair in providing support to faculty in implementing department success strategies.
- Coordinates documentation and tracking of department's student success plan with OIEA.