The cost of healthcare in the United States is extremely high. You are strongly encouraged to obtain health insurance for you and any dependents as protection from these high costs.
In the United States, you are responsible for all costs from:
- Doctor appointments
- Dental appointments
- Vision care
- Hospital care
- Emergency care
Purchase insurance through ACC partner
ACC has partnered with AcademicBlue(SM) to offer student health insurance. This health insurance plan is endorsed by and designed especially for Austin Community College.
- Students should read and understand the policy’s coverage.
- Carry your insurance card at all times. The information will be needed in the event you have a medical emergency or use an outside provider.
- Know your after-hour and emergency options before you need it.
- Keep a copy of all documentation for claim submission. You will need to submit a copy of the referral (if applicable) and all documentation with your referral.
- Contact Academic Health Plans with any questions about submitting your claim. All communication is between you and Academic Health Plans.