If experience is the world's greatest teacher, then your experiences may qualify you for college credit. The nationally recognized DSST Program allows you to receive college credits for learning acquired outside the traditional classroom such as reading, on-the-job training, or independent study. DSST offers students a cost-effective, time-saving way to use their knowledge acquired outside of the classroom to accomplish their educational goals.
Currently, around 2,000 colleges and universities recognize the DSST program and award college credit for passing scores.
DSST Exam Topics
DSST offers over 37 test titles in the topics listed below:
- Physical Science
- Social Science
For a complete listing, please visit the DSST web site.
Register For This Test
DSST tests are administered between 9:00 AM - 5 PM Monday-Friday at the Highland Campus and 10 AM-3 PM at the Round Rock Campus. Test appointments must be made in advance and may be done by using this link https://www.registerblast.com/austincc/exam. You may also come in Monday-Friday between the hours of 9 am- 4 pm to register in person. Appointments are limited, so please register early. If you have any questions, please call at 512-223-7395.
Important: You must have paid the $45 DSST FEE before attempting to schedule a DSST exam. Have your Receipt number/ Order number available when scheduling.
- Select and pay for the exam here.
- To schedule your exam go to https://www.registerblast.com/austincc/exam
- The $80 exam fee is paid at the testing center the day of your exam. Please bring a major credit card the day of testing.
Pay in person:
- Bring the $45 registration fee to Business Assessment & Testing Services, ACC Highland Campus, Room 2221.
- The test appointment can be made at that time.
All fees paid to ACC Business Testing are Non-Refundable