The TCEQ Occupational Licensing section is dedicated to the protection of the environment and human health through the responsible licensing of individuals whose occupations may have an environmental impact. The section's duties include issuing new licenses, renewing licenses, training approval and exam development.
Registration is required due to a limited amount of space. Please call (512) 223-7395 to pre-register for the following TCEQ Tests. Registration is first come, first served.
- Customer Service Inspector
- Groundwater Operator Class B,C
- Landscape Irrigation Inspector
- Landscape Irrigation Technician
- Municipal Solid Waste Class A, B
- Surface Water Operator Class B,C
- Wastewater Operator Class D
- Water Distribution Operator Class B,C
- Water Operator Class D
- Water Treatment Specialist - Class I, II, III
Allowed Items During Exam
- Scratch Paper (provided)
- Non-programmable Calculator
- Landscape Irrigator - Engineering Scale and Graph Paper
- Municipal Solid Waste - Training Manuals, Notes, Rules, Etc.
A non-refundable, non-transferable registration / administration / test fee of $50.00 is required to take the TCEQ exams at ACC (Cash, check, money order payable to ACC).
Examinees are allowed one immediate retest after not receiving an acceptable score on the first of four tests during his/her one year approval period; otherwise, there is a 30 day wait between retakes. The test fee of $50.00 must be paid for all test retakes.
Register For This Test
To schedule an appointment you may pay the $50 test fee online or come in person to Room 2221 of the ACC Highland Campus to pay the $50 test fee and fill out paper work. You may come in Monday thru Friday between the hours of 9 am - 1 pm and 2 pm- 4 pm to register. Fees must be paid in full by cash, check, credit or debit card. You must also bring your authorization to test letter issued to you by TCEQ. If you have any questions, please call at 512-223-7395.
To pay the test registration fee for the TCEQ online:
- Select and pay for the appropriate exam here.
- Email a completed TCEQ Registration Form to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to 512-223-7130.
- Call 512-223-7395 to schedule your test appointment.
To pay the test registration fee for the TCEQ in person:
- Bring the registration fee to Austin Community College - Business Assessment Center ACC Highland Campus Rm: 2221 6101 Airport Blvd Austin, TX 78752 Monday thru Friday between the hours of 9 am - 1 pm and 2 pm - 4 pm
- The test appointment can be made at that time.
A government issued photo identification with signature such as a current, valid (not-expired) Drivers License
Supplies & Prohibited Items
You many not access any prohibited items during scheduled or unscheduled breaks; Cell phones,Telephones Books, Watches, Alarms, Dictionaries, Translators, Any handheld electronic, or photographic device, Mechanical pencils and pens, Food, drinks, gum, candy and tobacco are not permitted in the testing room.