Methods of payment
Go to Online Services and login using your ACCeID. Select "Manage My Student Account." You will be directed to a secure website where you may choose to pay in full by your tuition payment deadline or set up an payment installment plan.
Pay at any campus Cashier's Office. | Click here for office hours.
Payments must be RECEIVED in the Service Center Cashier's Office before the payment deadline. Mail check or money order for the full amount to:
ACC/SVC Cashier Office
9101 Tuscany Way
Austin, TX 78754
If mailing in a check or money order, write a valid driver's license number and the student’s ACC ID number on the payment.
All sponsors must be approved by ACC. Prior to registering students should contact the sponsor and verify that all required documentation has been submitted. Payment authorization must be submitted by noon on payment deadline dates (see above) to the Student Accounting Office, 9101 Tuscany Way, Austin, TX 78754 or faxed to (512) 223.1060. Payment authorizations will not be accepted if submitted after the 12th class day (4th class day for a summer session).
Accepted forms of payment
- Cashier's check drawn on USA banks only
- USA Money orders
- Credit card - VISA, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express
- Debit card with a Visa or Mastercard logo
- Personal check made payable to ACC (two-party checks and checks drawn on foreign banks are not accepted)
- ID is required when paying with a check (valid government issued photo ID)
- No temporary checks will be accepted
- No checks will be accepted for a sum larger than the amount of the transaction
Obtaining a Tuition Receipt
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a receipt be mailed to the address on file with the college or to have a receipt sent to the student's ACC email address.
Students may visit any campus Cashier’s Office to request a paid receipt. Students must show a photo ID. Due to FERPA rules, we cannot accept requests to fax student account information.
Students are charged a $25 returned item fee and have a hold placed on their account for the following:
- Checks/ACH returned stop pay or account closed and credit card chargebacks. You will dropped from all classes and be liable for the returned check fee and any nonrefundable fees.
- Checks/ACH returned unpaid (NSF) or with incorrect bank account number must be replaced with cash or a money order.
You will not be dropped from any classes. However, returned checks will be referred to a collection agency, which may assess further charges.
Back to top