Academic Advising & Counseling
Careers and Majors
Additional Counseling Services
Complete listing of counseling services including: brief description of topics, counselors who specialize in those areas, and online resources to help you.
Student Support Services for Distance Learning Students
Help for Distance Learning Students website.
Faculty & Staff:
Faculty members assist students who have completed the Texas Success Initiative (TSI) and who have a declared major in the faculty member’s academic discipline. (Students who are General Studies majors will be advised by student services counselors and advisors.) ACC recommends that students see a faculty member in their major at least twice while attending ACC. The first time should occur before students enroll in their second semester at ACC (if the student has completed TSI). Students should also see a faculty member in their major for an advising session when the student has completed 75% of credit hours for his or her transfer plan, ACC credit certificate, or ACC degree. Academic advising by faculty members includes assisting students with:
- Information about career possibilities
- Preparing an educational plan that is consistent with students’ career and life goals
- Selection and sequencing of courses at ACC
- Understanding and navigating the program and institutional requirements at ACC
- Referrals to ACC resources that will help students achieve success in academics and their chosen career.
Contact the appropriate Department for more information.