Consideration will only be given to applicants that have experienced an unforeseen financial emergency and/or catastrophic event. Examples include:
- Significant uncovered medical expenses related to self, spouse, or child.
- Loss of housing due to natural disaster, fire, etc.
To be eligible for consideration a student must:
- Have already completed at least 15 credits at ACC
- Be registered for at least 6 credits in the semester when the emergency funds would be applied
- Be able to demonstrate his/her current financial need with supporting documentation
- Have a minimum 2.0 GPA and 50% credit completion rate and be in good standing
The Student Emergency Fund will award up to a maximum of $500 per student. These funds will not be awarded to the same student in consecutive semesters.
- Student completes the Request for Student Emergency Fundapplication;
- Student Information and Student Financial Information sections are to be completed by the student
- Recommendation section to be completed by an ACC Faculty member, ACC Counselor or other ACC representative.
- Financial Aid Office attaches copy of student's ACC transcript and Financial Aid screens along with application to be reviewed.
- Committee convened by Director of Financial Aid; Committee reviews and makes decision.
- Director of Financial Aid notifies student of committee's decision.
Requests will be reviewed and responded to within 5 business days from the date the application is received by Financial Aid Office.