Senate Bill 1528 replaces House Bill 1403 and continues the eligibility of undocumented students to qualify as residents if they have lived in Texas for the 36 months prior to high school graduation or the receipt of the GED.
These students are eligible to apply for state aid such as Texas Grant, Texas Educational Opportunity Grant, Texas Public Education Grant, or CAL Loans.
To apply for financial aid under Senate Bill 1528 you must:
- Apply for admissions with the Austin Community College Admissions Office
- Complete the TASFA form available at your campus financial aid office or by visiting http://www.collegeforalltexans.com/index.cfm?objectid=82E5FFDF-B88A-F60D-F1788F19843EA26E
- Complete the Austin Community College Financial Aid Application
- Submit copy of IRS tax transcript. A tax transcript can be requested at www.irs.gov or by calling 1-800-908-9946.
- Male students are required to register for selective service
- Verification worksheet
- Assest Information Worksheet