Step 2. Fill out Financial Aid Institutional Application
Step 3. Submit additional documents if necessary
Step 4. Verify your information if requested
Step 5. Await notification
Step 6. Accept award(s)
* Admissions application must be completed before FAFSA is accepted by ACC
Submit the online FAFSA or obtain a FAFSA application from ACC’s Financial Aid Office or a high school guidance office.
- The easiest way to complete the FAFSA with accurate tax information is by using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool through www.fafsa.gov
- Austin Community College strongly recommends all students, parents, and spouses (if applicable) to upload the 2011 income tax information to their FAFSA using the IRS Data Retrieval tool. In order to do so, all parties must have already filed 2011 taxes at least two weeks prior to filling out the FAFSA.
- Submit the FAFSA as soon as possible after filing your tax information.
- List ACC’s school code – 012015
- FAFSA results must be received prior to the last class day of the semester in order to receive your aid.
Submit a Financial Aid Application, depending on the semester for which you are requesting aid; there are two different applications.
- Financial Aid Fall/Spring 2012-2013 Application
- Financial Aid Summer 2013 Application
- Financial Aid Fall/Spring 2013-2014 Application
You must provide the Financial Aid Office with additional documents if you are a:
- Student who has previously attended college – Submit copies of ALL college transcripts to Admissions and Records
- Non-citizen – Provide proof of eligibility (I-94, I-551, or I-151 forms)
- Military veteran applying for general financial aid – Submit your eligibility letter regarding veterans education benefits (contact ACC’s Veterans Affairs Office)
- Student under 24 claiming independent status– Submit a Verification Worksheet – Independent form. Document mitigating circumstances.
- See our Forms page for any additional forms that are requested.
If your application is selected for verification, you will need to submit:
- The IRS Tax Transcript, copies of tax returns can no longer be accepted. A tax transcript can be requested at www.irs.gov or calling 1-800-908.9946.
- A Verification Worksheet (available on the web or from a Financial Aid office)
- Documentation that verifies benefits or untaxed income
- Students who fail to submit verification requirements within 60 days after the last class day of the semester will forfeit their financial aid award.
If you have been awarded a loan you must complete your complete your MPN and entrance counseling at www.StudentLoans.gov in order to receive your funds.
Austin Community College is a Direct Lending School. This means processing and tracking of your loan application is easier than ever before. Once you have been awarded a Stafford Loan you can complete your Master Promissory Note (MPN) and entrance counseling at www.StudentLoans.gov. Your loan process will not be complete and you will not receive any funds(and tuition will not be paid) until the Direct Loans process has been completed online.
You can view your award and ACCEPT or REJECT your award(s) by going to ACC Online Services and selecting: “Accept or Reject My Financial Aid Awards”. You must ACCEPT your financial aid award(s) in order to receive any funds.
If you fail to ACCEPT your financial aid award(s), you will be responsible for the payment of tuition and fees or be dropped from all classes for non-payment.