- What do I do if I am selected?
- Will my award change because of the verification process?
- When should I turn in the documents that were requested?
- How do I get copies of my tax returns?
- Fill in and sign a Verification Worksheet which can be found on our Forms page.
- Collect you (and your spouse’s) financial documents (IRS tax transcripts, W-2 forms, etc.)
- Talk to your Financial Aid Office if you have any questions about completing Verification worksheet or the documents that are being requested.
- Take the completed Verification Worksheet, tax forms, and any other documents your school needs to your Financial Aid Office.
- Your Financial Aid Specialist will compare information on the documents and advise you if there are any further information that is needed of you.
The Financial Aid Department bases awards on the information reported on your FAFSA. If any of the information does change it can affect your eligibility for certain grant and loan programs. If you have been awarded, you can view your award by going to Student Online Services.
Immediately! Once the Financial Aid office has received all of the required documentation it will take the Financial Aid department several weeks to process your application. This is why it is very important your documentation be turned in as soon as possible. Failure to complete your file by the last class day of the semester enrolled will result in forfeiture of any financial aid award.