Save Money, Save the Environment
Starting summer 2013, registered carpools with 2+ members can park in the convenient Carpool Parking spaces on campus before 10am. Carpool members save on gas money and wear and tear on their cars. Reducing the number of single occupant vehicles coming to ACC will increase available parking spaces on campus, lower ACC's carbon footprint, and help relieve congestion on Austin's roadways.
- A carpool consists of two or more ACC students and/or employees sharing the same car to an ACC campus. Two or more carpool members must exit the vehicle at the time it is parked in the convenient Carpool Parking space.
- The Carpool Parking Permit is free but requires an ACC Parking Permit. Both hangtags must be displayed together (photo below) and are valid for one school year (September 1 - August 31). Each carpool group will receive one carpool hangtag that can be used on any vehicle registered in the group.
- Only vehicles with a Carpool Hangtag may park in the designated carpool spaces before 10am. After 10am, the parking space becomes available to anyone with a current ACC parking permit. If a carpool vehicle is parked before 10am, they may remain in the parking space until they leave campus.
- The person who starts the carpool group application is the Primary Participant and will serve as the point of contact between Austin Community College and the other group members.
- You may participate in more than one carpool to accommodate a varying class/work schedule.
- Carpool Parking spaces are available on a first-come, first serve basis.
Find friends or coworkers with similar schedules to join your carpool group. You may use ACC's Free Ride Matching Program, available through Commute Solutions.
Fill out the online Carpool Application Form & Invitation. Once your carpool members accept your online carpool invitation, the application will be reviewed within 5 business days. After receiving your approval email, bring your photo ID to your campus cashier's office to pick up your Carpool Hangtag. You may add/drop carpool members at any time on the application website.
Enjoy the Ride!
Use your convenient Carpool Parking space and start saving gas money! Use this quick Commute Cost Calculator to find out how much you spend or save on your commute.
1. I want to use my convertible vehicle to carpool, what should I do? Contact the ACC Office of Sustainability at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. What if I have an emergency but my vehicle was not used in the carpool that day? The ACC Green Pass lets you use any Capital Metro transit service for free. If you need to use a Taxi for an emergency, ACC's Sustainability Office may reimburse the cost up to $50, twice a year upon the verification from the carpool group members and the original receipt.
3. What if I see only one person exiting a vehicle in the Carpool Parking space before 10am? Please write down the vehicles license plate, parking permit number, make, and model and send the information to email@example.com.
Parking Permit & Carpool Hangtag should be displayed together:
Carpool Parking spaces are marked in this manner: