- Do I need to buy a Green Car sticker?
No, it is free. However, you must have a current ACC parking permit in addition to a Green Car sticker. ACC parking permits may be purchased at any cashier's office.
- How do I obtain a Green Car sticker?
Make sure you have a current ACC parking permit and then follow 4 steps: (1) Check the list to determine if your vehicle is eligible for Green Car parking. (2) Complete your online Green Car Application. This will be reviewed within 5 business days. (3) After receiving an approval email, bring your vehicle registration or insurance policy and a photo ID to your campus cashier's office to pick up your Green Car sticker. (4) Consult your campus maps to locate Green Car parking spots.
- Are Green Car parking spots guaranteed?
No, there are a limited number of spots at each campus. The sticker gives you the opportunity to park close, but it is first come, first serve.
- Are Green Cars expensive?
Not necessarily. Many small, more affordable cars are among the most fuel-efficient. Check the list.
- I have a Hybrid SUV. Why is my vehicle not listed?
Fuel economy is one of three factors that are measured to rate Green Cars. The other factors are tail pipe emissions and vehicle weight.
- I can't find my 2004 model in the vehicle list, but I see the exact same 2005 model in the list. Does my car qualify?
In most cases those models are not equal even though they share a model number. The difference might come from an updated engine type.
- I have a 2014 model that is fuel-efficient, but I can't find 2014 cars on the list. How do I know if my car qualifies?
We won't be able to add 2014 models until the EPA publishes the emission data and Greenercars.org compiles the scores. In the meantime, 2014 models will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Email your VIN to email@example.com.
- My vehicle matches the year/make/model, but the engine size is different. Does my car qualify?
No, all categories need to match.
- What is the proper way to display my Green Car Sticker? Green Car Stickers are to be placed on the driver's side of the windshield above the vehicle registration and inspection certificates.