Earn CEUs - Continuing Education Units - for professional development. In order to access these courses, register for the class through registration, call 512.223.7649 or email us at email@example.com to provide your ACC email address, and the online course login information will be sent to you. Students may register and complete the courses within the semester deadlines. Please complete an evaluation when you complete your training. Thanks - we want your feedback!
Note: We have a library that you may access at HBC, room 417.2. Please feel free to contact instructor with questions or concerns.
- EDTC 2000 - TExES Preparation (14 hrs, login required). TExES online course provides a survey of necessary competencies for teacher success on TExES Content Exams: EC-6 and 4-8 Generalist (math, science, language arts, and social studies); Math 4-8 and Science 4-8. Students will identify strategies for test-taking and self-study. For TExES Preparation classes: if you are already a certified teacher, this preparation might not fit your needs. Prepare for individual tests by using ETS preparation handbooks!
- EDTC 2000 - Teaming: the Teacher and the Paraprofessional (14 hrs, login required). Online course that equips the classroom teacher and paraprofessional team with the tools needed to identify, develop, implement, and assess a strong, unified academic focus.
- EDTC 2000 - Teaching Students with Limited English Proficiency (14 hrs, login required). Online course for teaching students with limited English proficiency. Compare SLAR and ELAR TEKS for similarities and differences. Detail how the history of language policy informs and affects ESL teaching practice today. Create a classroom toolkit with strategies for managing the unique ESL environment, with appropriate lessons for ESL/ELL learners. Develop skills in teaching reading and writing to ELL learners. Select appropriate formal and informal assessment procedures and instruments, knowing how to use evaluation results to plan and adapt instruction.
- EDTX 3028 - Teaching Special Needs Students (online, login required). Designed for those with a Bachelor's degree in math, science, social students and language arts to construct plans and strategies needed for teaching the four core academic areas in grades EC-6 to students with special needs. Includes strategies for teaching and for TExES Special Education preparation.
- EDTC 2000 - Holistic Grading (14 hrs, login required). This online training is designed to help teachers-in-training develop skills in holistic grading of students' written products. Using authentic writing samples of 4th grade students, the teacher-in-training applies the grading rubric and attempts to match the grade given by the students? teacher. Practice does make perfect! Students will be able to: apply a standardized grading rubric for writing; assess and score student writing according to a rubric; and evaluate the work as a tenured teacher would do.
Teacher Certification applications will be accepted starting September 1 with classes starting the following January