About The Program
These programs provide training for childcare workers and others who work with young children. They are approved courses for Continuing Professional Education by the State Board for Educator Certification, provider #50055.
Length Of Program
Most classes run 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM, usually on Saturdays, usually at the Highland Business Center.
Course flyer (PDF)- Fall 2011
Fall 2011 Courses:
- Best Practices in Child Care for Infants & Toddlers
- Starting a Childcare Business
- Working with Families
- Multisensory Learning
- Best Practices for Toddlers and Twos
Fees for separate classes: $30; for series: $60; CDA: $200.
Payment is due at the time of registration. Please make payment with cash, check, or credit card at any of the ACC Campus Cashier offices within 24 hours after registering for courses. We currently accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover. Payment must be received within 24 hours to avoid being dropped from class.
- Registration Form
- Automated telephone registration: (512) 407-3087 or toll-free (866) 878-7889.
- Online registration
- Mail-in payments will be accepted with completed registration form in the form of check or money order.
- Walk-in registration at the Highland Business Center, Continuing Education Department, 5930 Middle Fiskville Road, 4th Floor, Austin, Texas 78752.
- You can find directions to the campuses here: HBC | EVC
- Sign up at least one week before the workshop begins to ensure your CEU certificate of completion is ready on the last day of class.
- A no call, no show for the Series classes will receive a U for no credit (did not attend all dates). Calls must reach 512.223.7649 before class start for verification.
- Updated Trainer Requirements (24 pre-service hours; 24 hours annually for child care center staff; and 30 hours for directors and licensed/registered home providers).
A Early Child Development Club is available at the Eastview Campus. If you are interested, contact Sophia Downing at firstname.lastname@example.org or 512.909.6797.
For more information, contact (512) 223-7649 or email@example.com.