Back to Top
Back to Top

Check Your Financial Aid Eligibility

To qualify for financial aid, you must:

Additional factors that limit financial aid

  • If you received a Pell Grant for more than six years, you are no longer eligible for this award.
  • If you have high student loan debt, you may be denied additional loans. See maximum loan debt limits.

Courses not on your degree plan

What if I enroll in a course that is not on my degree plan?

You may enroll in a class not on your plan; however, it will not be eligible for financial aid. You are responsible for paying any difference between the financial aid you receive and the tuition you owe. You must pay the amount owed or set up a payment plan by your tuition deadline or you will be dropped from classes.

Generally, you are encouraged to avoid taking courses that are not on your degree plan.

Exceptions: Prerequisites that are required for a course on your degree plan. Example: Math 2412 is a prerequisite to Math 2413 Calculus I.

What if I need to enroll in Developmental Education courses, will financial aid pay for these?

Financial aid will pay up to 30 semester credit hours of remedial course work.

What if I'm planning to transfer instead of earning a degree?

You must declare a major to receive financial aid. If you're planning to transfer you may want to visit with an academic advisor who can help you choose a major that best aligns with the degree plan at your transfer institution. See a list of ACC advisors by areas of study.

How do I know if a course is on my degree plan?

View your degree plan in the Self-Service course planning and registration system. Visit an advisor if you have questions about your plan.

Finally, you should confirm that your student record reflects your current major and catalog year. To check, log in to Online Services and click Student Statuses (under Academic Planning).

Bachelor’s degree

If you already have a bachelor’s degree, you must submit a maximum time frame appeal when applying for aid.

  • Pick up an appeal form at any campus Financial Aid Office.
  • You are ineligible to receive grants but may be eligible for loans.

Co-enrolled students

Co-enrolled or summer transfer students must obtain financial aid from their home college or university. To apply financial aid to your ACC classes, contact your home institution to request a consortium agreement.

Back to Top

Back to Top