IMPORTANT: Submit the following documents ONLY if you are selected for verification.
Online verification process
- Log in to your FAFSA account.
- Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to update your information. (If not eligible to use the data retrieval tool, follow the offline verification process.)
- Allow five days, then contact our office to determine whether any additional documents are needed.
Offline verification process
- Print and complete the Verification Worksheet.
- Request a tax return transcript from the IRS online or by phone, (800) 908.9946.
- Submit these documents together to any campus Financial Aid Office.
- If you filed an amended tax return (Form 1040X) or cannot obtain a tax return transcript, contact our office for instructions.
Respond promptly to requests
Your application will not be reviewed until your file is complete. You have up to 120 days after your last day of class for an award year or until the deadline published by the U.S. Department of Education, whichever is earlier, to submit verification requirements.
Will verification change my financial aid award?
Your financial aid eligibility can change if the verification process requires corrections on your FAFSA. Our office will notify you via ACCmail if there are any changes in your aid eligibility. View award changes in Online Services.