Future business leaders can get a great start in Austin Community College’s Business Studies Institute with a clear, accessible path to reach your educational and career goals. The Business Studies Institute provides the high-quality coursework and access to state-of-the-art facilities to prepare you for success in a wide range of business-related fields. Upon completion of this institute, you’ll be prepared to transfer to a four-year university.
Why Business Studies?
The demand for business professionals will continue to be high because the career opportunities are abundant for individuals with a solid business education. Companies in every industry need professionals who are trained to organize, plan, and manage an organization.
- May educate the public about client products and services.
- May write press releases and plan events and news conferences.
- Regularly interact with people.
- May work overtime to meet deadlines.
- Often have a bachelor’s degree.
- Have good writing and organization skills.
Benefits of Block Scheduling
The institute is a block-schedule program, which means you complete required courses in blocks tailored to your success. The majority of block-scheduled programs meet in person due to state requirements for block scheduling.
- With a block schedule you will know when you will take classes.
- No more digging through the class schedule trying to find the class you need.
- Your schedule will stay predictable from semester to semester as the meeting days and times remain the same (only the class content will change).
- You can choose from a morning or evening block.
A Cohort Community
- Entering a block-schedule program means you remain with the same group of classmates throughout your entire certificate or degree program.
- This gives you the option to know your colleagues better (for networking contacts). It also makes scheduling study groups and group projects easier as schedules line up.
- You progress with a group of students who have similar goals as you.
Fewer Decisions to Make
Block scheduling allows you to register for multiple courses at once. You also are also less likely to take extra courses that are not required for your certificate or degree plan.
Get Business Advice and Career Exposure
- Many of the Business Studies Institute courses are specifically designed to introduce you to a business profession before you enter a specific program.
- You’ll also have access to a dedicated business studies advisor and work with faculty who have years of experience in the industry.
Classes held at Northridge Campus
The spring 2020 Business Studies Institute will meet for classes at the Northridge Campus. View program map for course list.
Complete the following steps to enroll in the Business Studies Institute. Note: Admission to the college does not guarantee admission to an ACC institute.
- Complete the ACC Application.
- Complete the online Business Studies Institute Interest Form.
- Receive notification of your acceptance.
- Register for classes with institute assistance
- Meet with your advisor at least once a month to review progress.