How to Apply:
- First secure admission to ACC.
- Receive math-level pre-qualification from ACC – After applying to ACC, students interested in the Academy are required to fill out a pre-qualification form.
Applications for the 2021 fall class cohort will be accepted December 2020 through June 2021.
- Apply to Texas A&M University – A special A&M Academy application link will be emailed directly to qualified applicants after prospective students are successfully math-level pre-qualified in Step 2 above.
Note: In previous years, new ACC students had to take the SAT or ACT prior to application to Texas A&M University. *Given the continued restrictions on in-person testing opportunities and in light of recent announcements regarding halted plans for virtual testing, Texas A&M University will not require test scores from students applying for the Fall 2021 semester. Submission of tests scores will not create any unfair advantage or disadvantage for those students who provide them.
Requests to be pre-qualified as Precalculus or Calculus-ready are currently being accepted. Texas A&M will accept applications from candidates who are math-level pre-qualified from January 1, 2021 through June 30, 2021.
Enrollment in the Academy / Pre-Qualification
The Engineering Academy is for all ACC students who have achieved a high school diploma or equivalent and are pre-calculus or calculus ready as determined by ACC.
To pre-qualify with ACC as Precalculus or Calculus-ready:
- Your current ACC transcript must show college credit for Math 1414, Trigonometry, Precalculus or Calculus I with a grade of A, B or C. An indication on your transcript of credit by exam (AP, CLEP) or transfer credit from another institution of an equivalent course with a grade of A, B or C is also acceptable.
- You must have a satisfactory score on the new ACC Mathematics ALEKS PPL assessment test. The NEW standard to qualify as Precalculus-ready is an ALEKS PPL score of at least 65% . A score of at least 80% is required to qualify as Calculus-ready.
Please note: TAMU requires us to pre-qualify you based on your current transcript or test scores. ALEKS PPL test scores or course credit completed after the TAMU application deadline cannot be used to pre-qualify you to apply for admission to the Fall 2021 Academy. Texas A&M – Office of Admissions gives preference to students that have excelled in Math and Science courses in high school and college. Not all prequalified (Math ready) students are accepted to the Texas A&M Engineering Academy.