How to Apply:
- First secure admission to ACC.
- Receive math-level pre-qualification from ACC – After applying to ACC, students interested in the Academy are required to fill out a pre-qualification form.
Applications for the 2020 fall class cohort will be accepted January 2020 through June 2020.
- Apply to Texas A&M University – A special A&M Academy application link will be emailed directly to qualified applicants after prospective students are successfully math-level pre-qualified in Step 2 above. Note: New ACC students must take the SAT or ACT prior to application to Texas A&M University.
Requests to be pre-qualified as Precalculus or Calculus-ready are currently being accepted. Texas A&M will accept applications from candidates who are math-level pre-qualified from January 1, 2020 through June 30, 2020.
Enrollment in the Academy / Pre-Qualification
The Engineering Academy is for all ACC students who have achieved a high school diploma or equivalent and are pre-calculus or calculus ready as determined by ACC.
To pre-qualify with ACC as Precalculus or Calculus-ready:
- Your current ACC transcript must show college credit for Trigonometry, Precalculus or Calculus I with a grade of A, B or C. An indication on your transcript of credit by exam (AP, CLEP) or transfer credit from another institution of an equivalent course with a grade of A, B or C is also acceptable.
- You must have a satisfactory score on the new ACC Mathematics ALEKS PPL assessment test. The NEW standard to qualify as Precalculus-ready is an ALEKS PPL score of at least 65% . A score of at least 80% is required to qualify as Calculus-ready.
Please note: TAMU requires us to pre-qualify you based on your current transcript or test scores. ALEKS PPL test scores or course credit completed after the TAMU application deadline cannot be used to pre-qualify you to apply for admission to the Fall 2020 Academy.