If the meningitis law applies to you, you can register and pay for classes while you complete the requirement.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Transitioning into the fall 2021 semester all students who are enrolled in any courses that require in-person class meetings or other in-person requirements such as testing, faculty meetings, tutoring, computer lab access or any other on-campus activities must be in compliance with the meningitis immunization requirement prior to the first class meeting. ACC will resume a majority of in-person, on-campus courses and services in the fall 2021 semester.
Fall 2021: Aug 23-Dec 12
Fall 2021 Semester Deadlines
|If you register between:
||You must be in compliance by 5:00 p.m. on:
| Fall 2021
|May 17 - August 19
|August 20-August 24
| August 25-Sept 8
| Sept 9-Sept 21
| Sept 22-October 19
| Sept 8
| Sept 21
| October 19
Ways to comply with law
You may choose to:
- Submit proof of vaccination within the last five years; or
- Opt out of the vaccine by submitting an exemption form based on medical reasons or conscientious objection.
Vaccination records & medical exemptions
To submit vaccination records or medical exemptions:
- Login to MyACC with your ACCeID.
- Click on the red notifications alert, or go to Registration & Payments > My Status and Holds
- Under Active Restrictions, look for Health Records Compliance. This is the meningitis law hold. You will not see this hold unless the law applies to you.
- Click the Immunization requirement link in the Removal column.
- You will be taken to a page titled "Complete your meningitis compliance requirement here". Click the link labeled "Click here to complete the steps for this requirement".
You will be taken to a pre-populated form page on the Magnus Health Portal. Fill in the missing required fields and click Next Step to create your account at Magnus Health.
- Check your ACCmail for the Magnus Health login information.
- Go to Magnus Health.
- Log in to the website using the username and temporary password in your email.
- Create a new password to obtain instructions and access your Magnus barcode cover sheet. This barcode cover sheet must accompany your shot record.
- Scan and upload, fax, or mail your vaccination record Magnus Health.
If you fax or mail your immunization record or exemption form you must include the barcode coversheet for account verification. The coversheet is not required if you login to your Magnus account directly and upload your document there.
- All notarized exemption forms must be mailed; no faxed or uploaded copies will be accepted.
- Magnus health information specialists will review your documents and notify ACC of their approval. Your hold will be removed with ACC within two to three business days of approval. If your documents are rejected by Magnus, you will receive an email with the the details.
Conscientious objection exemption
A printer is required to submit the conscientious objection steps:
- Go to the state’s online meningitis requirement exemption form.
- Fill out and print the exemptions certificate. DO NOT sign it.
- Bring the certificate and your official photo ID to any currently open campus Admissions & Records Office Campuses open as of August 1 are: Highland, Riverside and Round Rock campuses.
- Sign and submit the form in the Admissions & Records Office. Your student hold will be removed immediately upon completion when you bring your form to campus.
- If you are unable to bring your form to a campus office, you may email the signed copy along with your valid photo ID to email@example.com. Emailed documents will be processed within 2-3 business days and holds removed after processing.
If you obtain the vaccination outside the United States, it's important to confirm you receive one of the following accepted vaccines:
- Meningococcal polysaccharide vaccine (MPSV4)
- Meningococcal conjugate vaccine (MCV4)