If the meningitis law applies to you, you can register and pay for classes while you complete the requirement.
IMPORTANT: Your documents must be processed and approved before your tuition deadline or you will be dropped from classes without notice.
Ways to comply with law
You may choose to:
- Submit proof of vaccination within the last five years; or
- Opt out of the vaccine by submitting an exemption form based on medical reasons or conscientious objection.
Vaccination records & medical exemptions
To submit vaccination records or medical exemptions:
- Login to MyACC with your ACCeID.
- Click on the red notifications alert, or go to Registration & Payments > My Status and Holds
- Under Active Restrictions, look for Health Records Compliance. This is the meningitis law hold. You will not see this hold unless the law applies to you.
- Click the Immunization requirement link in the Removal column.
- You will be taken to a page titled "Complete your meningitis compliance requirement here". Click the link labeled "Click here to complete the steps for this requirement".
You will be taken to a pre-populated form page on the Magnus Health Portal. Fill in the missing required fields and click Next Step to create your account at Magnus Health.
- Check your ACCmail for the Magnus Health login information.
- Go to Magnus Health.
- Log in to the website using the username and temporary password in your email.
- Create a new password to obtain instructions and access your Magnus barcode cover sheet. This barcode cover sheet must accompany your shot record.
- Scan and upload, fax, or mail your vaccination record Magnus Health.
If you fax or mail your record you must include the barcode coversheet for account verification. The coversheet is not required if you login to your Magnus account directly and upload your document there.
- Magnus health information specialists will review your documents and notify ACC of their approval. Your hold will be removed with ACC within two to three business days of approval. If your documents are rejected by Magnus, you will receive an email with the the details.
Conscientious objection exemption
A printer is required to submit the conscientious objection steps:
- Go to the state’s online meningitis requirement exemption form.
- Fill out and print the exemptions certificate. DO NOT sign it.
- Bring the certificate and your official photo ID to any campus Admissions & Records Office. We do NOT accept faxed or emailed copies.
- Sign and submit the form in the Admissions & Records Office. Your student hold will be removed immediately upon completion.
If you obtain the vaccination outside the United States, it's important to confirm you receive one of the following accepted vaccines:
- Meningococcal polysaccharide vaccine (MPSV4)
- Meningococcal conjugate vaccine (MCV4)