Adobe Creative Cloud at ACC
Austin Community College is FIRST community college in the nation designated an Adobe Creative Campus.
Adobe Creative Cloud is now available to ACC faculty, staff, and students at no-to-minimal cost. This suite of products gives you unlimited access to industry-leading creation tools for graphic design, video editing, and web development such as Photoshop, Illustrator, XD, Premiere Pro, Spark and more. With Adobe Creative Cloud, you get access the latest updates, new features, apps, and services as soon as they are released.
As part of this we are offering semester-based licenses to students in the Arts, Digital Media & Communications area of study at a substantial discount of $10 per semester. All other currently enrolled ACC students can purchase a semester-based license for $50 per semester. Faculty and staff may receive a license for free.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who is eligible?
Faculty and Staff: Adobe Creative Cloud is available to full-time staff and faculty at no cost.
Students: Students are eligible for semester-based licenses. Students currently enrolled in programs within the Arts, Digital Media & Communications area of study may purchase a license at a substantial discount of $10 per semester. All other currently enrolled ACC students may purchase a license for $50 per semester.
- Can I install this on ACC-owned devices and personally-owned (non-ACC) devices?
- How do I get this software?
- Users will log in to the Austin Community College WebStore (Kivuto) to view available offerings and purchase their license.
- Once in the Kivuto Web Store, click on the Adobe Creative Cloud icon.
- Click "Add to Cart."
- The applications would then need to be downloaded after signing in to your Adobe account, https://www.adobe.com (sign in, upper right-hand corner).
- Once you have your Adobe ID, go back to the sign-in page and click on "Sign in with an Enterprise ID."
- Click on "Creative Cloud."
- Click on "Find Apps."
- Select the app that you would like to download.
- What are the computer hardware requirements to run Adobe Creative Cloud products?
For a complete list of requirements, see Adobe Creative Cloud System Requirements.
- Is there a limit to how many computers I can install my Adobe Creative Cloud apps?
You may install Adobe Creative Cloud on multiple computers regardless of the operating system i.e. PC or Mac. However, activation is limited to two computers at a time per individual membership, and you may not use the software on these computers simultaneously.
For more information on activation and usage, see On how many computers can I use my Creative Cloud subscription?
Help and Support
- Adobe Creative Cloud “Activation Limit Reached” or “Sign-in Failed” error?
If you have tried to use the app on more than two computers, you will encounter this error. To activate an app on a third computer, you must first sign out from the app on one of the two other computers and deactivate any Creative Cloud apps and/or services that are associated with your Adobe ID.
For more information on how to sign out, see Creative Cloud “Activation Limit reached” or “Sign-in failed” error.
- Do students and employees have to uninstall the software after they graduate and leave the college?
For employees, the license is tied to the college. You may start a new subscription directly with Adobe if you want to continue to use the software after leaving the college.
For students, the license is semester-based. Once the semester is over, students must start a new subscription directly with Adobe to continue using the software.
- There are no limits as to the number of logins or installs for Adobe mobile apps.
Adobe mobile apps are available separately from desktop apps. Mobile app system requirements may be found on the respective product pages.
See Mobile Apps and visit the product page for your favorite Adobe mobile app.
- Who should I contact if I am having issues with the Adobe installation/subscription on personally-owned devices (non-ACC)?
- How do I migrate Creative Cloud content which I’ve already created from a different account?
If you have assets linked to an existing Adobe ID account, you can migrate these assets from your current account to your new enterprise account. Please view the Manual Asset Trasnfer instructions here.
Are training resources available?
Yes, you can find them listed below:
- Adobe Creative Cloud YouTube Channel
- Adobe Creative Cloud Blog
- Adobe Creative Cloud Tutorials
- CC Tutorials
- Lynda.com now Linked In Learning Adobe Training and Tutorials
- Adobe Creative Cloud Tutorials for Students