ACC's "open door" policy ensures admission to all who meet eligibility criteria. ACC students represent diverse backgrounds, ethnicities, and ages, and most pursue higher education while working, caring for their family, or fulfilling military commitments. Many are the first in their family to attend college.
Students come to ACC for a variety of reasons, but most (82 percent) are taking credit courses with the intent of earning a degree or certificate, or transferring to a four-year university. Others already have a degree and are seeking additional career-related skills. Less than a quarter of the students enrolled at ACC are full-time students. Studies show that less than half of students going to college part-time return the next year.
Contribute to a scholarship that assists a part-time student to become full-time.
Established in 2016, the Alumni Network Scholarship is awarded to one full-time student pursuing a certificate or associate degree at ACC. The award will be based on the funds available for tuition, fees, and books. Please consider a gift to the ACC Alumni Network Scholarship today so that we can continue to open doors to educational opportunities to more ACC Students.
• Minimum 2.25/4.0 GPA or equivalent or submit a GED.
• Financial need (as determined by the ACC Financial Aid Office). It is recommended students complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
• Essay should address how the scholarship will assist the student in becoming or continuing as a full-time student.
• Enroll in and complete a minimum of twelve hours with a 2.25 GPA each semester while on scholarship.
• Scholarship applies to tuition, fees, and books.
• Scholarship must be used within the academic year it is awarded.
• Scholarship may be renewed upon satisfactory academic progress, submission of a progress report, and application.
• Scholarship may be awarded in addition to other scholarships or financial aid to assist the recipient in becoming or continuing as a full-time student.