Career Services invites employers to post job and internship openings on our online job boards and campus bulletin boards. Employers who post jobs or internships must receive prior authorization and adhere to ACC recruiting guidelines.
ACC Career Link, powered by Purple Briefcase, is our new job board and career services management platform.
- Create your account at ACC Career Link
- Select the FREE account
- Navigate over to the My Schools page
- Scroll down to the Request Access
- Select Texas
- Scroll to Austin Community College
- Click on Request Connection
The system will send us a message that you want to be able to browse our students’ profiles, resumes, and post jobs & internships. We will approve your connection in a short while, and then you’ll be ready to post your first job! Download the app! Google Play Store or Apple App Store | Video Instructions
Recruit on Campus - Currently offering virtual recruiting only.
60X30 TEXAS Internship Program Toolkit for Employers
APPENDIX A - Checklist for designing an internship program
APPENDIX B - How to write a job description for an internship
APPENDIX C - Sample job description for an internship
All positions listed as "internship" on your job posting submission will be reviewed to ensure the position meets the criteria outlined by THECB 60X30TX and NACE (National Association of Colleges & Employers).
NACE Internship Guidelines
To ensure that an experience—whether it is a traditional internship or one conducted remotely or virtually—is educational, and thus eligible to be considered a legitimate internship by the NACE definition, all the following criteria must be met:
- The experience must be an extension of the classroom: a learning experience that provides for applying the knowledge gained in the classroom. It must not be simply to advance the operations of the employer or be the work that a regular employee would routinely perform.
- The skills or knowledge learned must be transferable to other employment settings.
- The experience has a defined beginning and end, and a job description with desired qualifications.
- There are clearly defined learning objectives/goals related to the professional goals of the student’s academic coursework.
- There is supervision by a professional with expertise and educational and/or professional background in the field of the experience.
- There is routine feedback by the experienced supervisor.
- There are resources, equipment, and facilities provided by the host employer that support learning objectives/goals.
Position Statement on Unpaid Internships