1. Researches the current literature and available data to recommend appropriate faculty development and faculty evaluation procedures.
2. Seeks data from all areas of the College regarding the effectiveness of faculty development procedures and activities, including evaluation of faculty development activities and disseminating the results.
3. Reviews, develops and recommends revisions to college-wide administrative rules and procedures for faculty development and faculty evaluation.
4. Develops and recommends guidelines and good practices for the design and delivery of faculty development, and the appropriate and effective forms, instruments, and processes for faculty evaluation.
5. Recommends professional faculty activities and needed resources based on input from internal and external stakeholders.
6. Recommends procedures for linking faculty development activities with needs identified in the faculty evaluation process.
7. Develops and recommends a comprehensive, valid, and reliable, faculty evaluation process for ACC that complies with Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) requirements, Austin Community College District’s (ACC's) Board Policies and Administrative Rules, and reflects good practices.
Recommendations: Forwarded to the Academic and Student Affairs Council.
FY21 Meetings: Meetings will be held as virtual meetings 3rd Friday every other month, 1pm-3pm, on the following dates: September 18, October 16, November 20, January 22, February 19, March 26, and April 23.
Meeting agendas and minutes: Will be posted here.
If you have any questions about this committee, please contact Alyssa Gonzales at email@example.com or 512-223-7786.
Co-Chair: Michelle Fitzpatrick, Assistant Dean, Faculty Center for Teaching and Learning, firstname.lastname@example.org or 512-223-7750.
Co-Chair: Shih-Ting Lee, Project Lead, Faculty Evaluation, email@example.com
|Position||Name||Appointed by||Campus||Phone||Email ID|
|Representatives of Job Functions or College Offices (2 year terms)|
|Instructional Designer||Virgil McCullough||VP, Instruction||RVSfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Academic Dean||DeShaunta Stewart||VP, Instruction||N/A||N/Aemail@example.com|
|Workforce Dean||Giao Phan||VP, Instruction||HYSfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Department Chair||TBA||VP, Instruction||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|Department Chair||Sandra McCrary-Marshall||VP, Instruction||EVCemail@example.com|
|Representatives of ACC Constituencies (1 year term)|
|Full-Time Faculty Senate||Frank Curry||Association Pres.||N/Afirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Full-Time Faculty Senate||Karina Parlato||Association Pres.||SGCemail@example.com|
|Full-Time Faculty Senate||Suzanne Stambaugh||Association Pres.||NRGfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Full-Time Faculty Senate||Theresa Glenn||Association Pres.||NRGemail@example.com|
|Full-Time Faculty Senate||Yam Tolan||Association Pres.||HLCfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Adjunct Faculty Association||Ping Chu||Association Pres.||HLC||N/Aemail@example.com|
|Adjunct Faculty Association||Marissa Burill||Association Pres.||SGCfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Adjunct Faculty Association||David Albert||Association Pres.||RVS||TBAemail@example.com|
|Association of Professional Technical Employees||Natalie Almanza||Association Pres.||EGNfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Classified Employee Association||Emile Chamoun-Farah||Association Pres.||HBCemail@example.com|
|Student Government Association||TBA||Association Pres.||N/A||N/A||TBA|