Unit 5 Objectives - Proteins
- Define "protein".
- Define "polypeptide".
- State the number of amino acids used in protein synthesis.
- State the number of 3-nucleotide codons produced from amino acids.
- List and describe the function of a start codon for protein synthesis.
- State the function of a stop codon and list the three stop codons
involved in protein synthesis.
- State the site of protein production in a eukaryotic cell.
- List the three stages of "translation".
- Briefly list and describe the process of protein production including:
transcription, translation and protein production.
- Briefly describe the 4 protein structures (primary, secondary, tertiary
Last Update: March 6, 2015
Web Author: Terry Kotrla, MS, MT(ASCP)BB
Copyright ©2007 by Terry Kotrla - All Rights Reserved