NanoScholars are encouraged, but not required, to register for specialized courses at Austin Community College (ACC) as a capstone experience to their internship in Austin. Specific capstone courses are offered to broaden and enhance the intern’s work experience at Sematech/ATDF/ISMI by providing advanced technician-level education that can impart a greater understanding and skill set for job performance within the nanoelectronics industry. Students accepted into the NanoScholar Internship Program may be eligible for a waiver of tuition fees up to a maximum of 12 semester credit hours.
Capstone Tuition Waivers are awarded only to applicants that are accepted into the NanoScholar Internship Program, have completed and returned an application, and have registered for eligible courses during their internship. Satisfactory progress is required for continued eligibility.
Currently, only the following ACC courses are eligible for the Capstone Tuition Waiver:
- DFTG 1495 Special topics in Mechanical Drafting CAD/CADD (4-3-3)—Special Topic: Micro Electromechanical Systems (MEMS)
- EECT 2188 Internship-Electrical, Electronics and Communications Engineering Technology/Technician (1-0-6)
- ELMT 2437 Electronic Troubleshooting, Service and Repair (4-3-3)
- ELMT 2441 Electromechanical Systems (4-3-3)
- SMFT 1473 Semiconductor Manufacturing Technology I (4-3-3)
- SMFT 2341 Vacuum Principles & RF Plasma Systems (3-2-4)
- SMFT 2473 Semiconductor Manufacturing Technology II (4-3-3)
To apply, complete a Capstone Tuition Waiver Application and return to the NanoScholar Internship Program coordinator.