Need help paying for college? Austin Community College hosts Financial Aid Day Saturday, June 15, to help current and future students understand what options are available and help them through the application process.
Here are five things to know when preparing to apply for financial aid.
1) Complete Your Application: An admission application must be completed before a financial aid application can be reviewed. Bring 2017 tax documents, W2’s, paystubs, and other financial forms.
2) Update Your FAFSA Every Year: FAFSA forms must be completed each year.
3) Accept Your Aid: Many students have to submit forms in addition to the FAFSA and all aid recipients must “accept” the aid for which they are eligible. Be sure to monitor your ACC email account and check ACC Self Service for these kinds of notices.
4) Declare Your Major: All aid recipients must declare a major, maintain a minimum GPA, and course completion to continue receiving aid.
5) TASFA for Undocumented Residents: Undocumented Texas residents may apply for the Texas Application for State Financial Aid (TASFA). It is an application for grant aid which is free financial aid. Applicants must qualify for Texas residency through Senate Bill 1528.
To learn more or get 1-on-1 help, visit ACC during Financial Aid Day. Registration is not required, but is recommended. To sign up, visit Financial Aid Day online.