Note: Tables can be hard to add to pages and should be avoided if possible. Do not use tables for page layout.
To add a table:
- Click the insert/edit table button or right click where you want the table to appear and click "insert/edit table" in the dialog box.
- At the prompt enter the number of columns and rows you want the table to have.
- Check the table caption if you want your table to have a caption.
- Ignore all other fields. Click insert to add the table.
- An empty table outline will appear on the page.
- Enter your data into the table by clicking in each cell and entering the data.
The first row must be used as the table header.
To add a table header:
- Select the first row and click the row table row properties icon.
- At the prompt, under row type, choose "header".
- Click update.
- Select the first row again and click the table cell properties button.
- At the prompt, under "cell type" choose header.
- Click update.
The first row should have a grey background in edit mode and a purple header in view mode.
Additional table rows and columns can be inserted into the table.
To add additional rows or columns:
- Click in a cell where you want to add a row or column and click either insert row/column after or insert row/column before button.
- Rows and columns can also be deleted by clicking the first cell of the row or column you want deleted and clicking the either delete row or column buttons.
- Table cells can also be merged by selecting 2 or more cells and clicking the merge table cells button. To unmerge cells, click the split merged table cells button.
- Insert row before
- Insert row after
- Delete row
- Insert column before
- Insert column after
- Delete column
- Split merged table cells
- Merge table cells