ACC divisions, departments, offices, and programs that wish to order T-shirts, giveaway items, etc., must use approved logos and make their purchase through a licensed vendor. Allow at least 8 weeks for production and delivery of merchandise.
Follow these steps to custom-order merchandise for your ACC division, department, office, or program. You’ll need to work with your administrative assistant to complete purchasing requirements.
1. Items and budget approval
- Select an item from an ACC-approved/licensed vendor listed below.
- Contact the vendor to obtain a price quote on the item, including proposed costs for setup and shipping.
- Request your budget authority's approval for the quote.
2. Submit PR and Merchandise/ Trademark Approval Request
- Create a purchasing requisition (PR) with your quote in Colleague. Make note of the PR number but DO NOT SUBMIT the PR at this time.
- Submit your Trademark Use Authorization Request. You'll need the vendor name, item name and description, and PR number for the request.
- The college requires use of an official ACC logo on all merchandise. Select ACC logo only, your ACC department/program/area of study, ACC office logo, or an official logo with text added.
- Follow up with the vendor to confirm they have the needed logo/artwork! If they don’t have it, direct them to request it at email@example.com.
Custom setup will be needed for retractable banners, table drapes and runners. Your vendor will need to send print specifications and a template to firstname.lastname@example.org to get this artwork.
3. Vendor creates proofs for OCM approval
- The vendor will email merchandise proofs for your and OCM's review/approval. You will be included on all communications.
- It is your responsibility to inspect the proofs and verify this is the item you ordered.
- OCM will reply to the vendor's email with revisions (if required) and/or with a final approval. This email confirmation will serve as the required supplemental documentation for your PR.
- Once you have OCM's approval of the proofs, you are ready to submit your PR.
4. PR & PO confirmation
- Submit your PR, and work with the Purchase to Pay Department to issue a purchase order (PO).
- The vendor will not begin production until they receive your PO.
- Continue working directly with the vendor to complete your order:
- Make sure your vendor receives the PO and gets your order scheduled for delivery.
- Notify the ACC mailroom about the delivery date so the order can be confirmed as received and the vendor will be paid.
- You can check on your PO and payment status in Colleague.
Unapproved Vendors: If you wish to order merchandise from an unapproved/unlicensed vendor, they must first complete the vendor licensing process before they can legally use ACC’s trademarked identities. For information on becoming a licensed vendor, contact CLC/ Learfield Licensing Partners.
Approved Vendors: Use these vendors to select your merchandise. In order to start the approval process, you’ll need to obtain a price quote directly from them.
Key Merchandise Dates for 2020 Budget Year
June 15 - Recommended deadline for requesting custom design from OCM.
July 1 - Please initiate contact with vendors and request quotes by or before July 1. Current supply chain disruptions may affect your order.
July 7 - Final date for vendors to submit proofs of merchandise using unofficial graphics or artwork (in addition to the required ACC logo).
July 15 - Final date for vendors to submit proofs of merchandise using only a standard ACC department or college logo.
Any merchandise proofs received after the deadline will be reviewed after September 1 for payment out of the next budget year.
The last day to submit Perfected Requisions with approval documentation is July 24.