Effective communication involves more than disseminating information. The media & communications team develops thoughtful, strategic, and cohesive messaging to drive collegewide initiatives, build trust, and grow strong partnerships. We manage mass communications as well as public and media relations to ensure an informed community through accurate, clear, and consistent communication.
- Strategic Communications
- Develop strategies, tactics, and calendars to build awareness and appreciation for ACC’s people and programs. Learn more.
- Media Relations
- Advise and create releases, advisories, pitches, and other materials for news media. Serve as liaison between college representatives and members of media. Learn more.
- Film Requests
- Review and approve content for commercial, non-news photography, or videotaping. Learn more.
- Writing & Editing
- Write, edit, and guide the development of content in various formats to support strategic and integrated communications objectives across the college. Learn more.
- Speakers/Experts Bureau
- Connect ACC faculty and staff with external audiences to share innovations and expertise with the world. Learn more.
- Photography & Videography
- Capture, edit, and present ACC people, places, and events that closely align with ACC’s strategic goals and mission. Develop and produce videos to support collegewide communication objectives. Learn more.
- Social Media
- Maintain strategic direction and execution of all ACC District social media accounts and serve as resource for college, office, and departmental presences. Learn more.
- Open Records Requests
- Review, respond, and process public information requests under Texas Government Code, Chapter 552. Learn more.