Employee Identification Cards

To enhance the level of safety and security of the ACC community, Employee Access/Identification Cards are distributed and worn by employees while on campus. Each card contains an employee photo and identification number.  

New or Replacement Access Cards

The process to obtain a new or replacement Access card starts with the employee’s supervisor filling out the District Access Form.

Once this form is completed, Security Management will contact the employee by email or phone within 3 business days to set up an appointment to arrange for a photo to be taken, and to receive their Access Card. If the employee does not receive notice within three business days, please contact Security Management at ext. 3-7275.


Hours of Operation
  • Highland Campus (HLC4) Monday – Friday, 7:30am - noon, 1:00pm - 3:30pm, District Security Management Office, Suite 2320, Building 4000
  • Eastview Campus (EVC) from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm Monday - Friday at the Campus Manager's Office located between Building 8000 and 9000
  • Round Rock Campus (RRC) from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm Monday - Friday in the Campus Manager’s Office, Building 1000
  • Riverside Campus (RVS) from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm at the Campus Manager's Office, Building A
  • Rio Grande Campus (RGC) from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm at the Campus Manager's Office, Building 1000
  • Hays Campus (HYS) from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm at the Campus Manager's Office, Building 1000
Frequently Asked Questions

Which Department is responsible for Access Card and Key Issuance?

District Security Management is responsible for Card Access and Office Key issuance. You can contact them at 512-223-7277 or 512-223-7275. Keys for desks and cabinets are handled by the Campus Manager’s Office on each respective campus. Campus Management does not have keys to SVC and HBC furniture. These should be reproduced either through Facilities or locksmiths. 

Who should I contact if I have additional questions about Card Access or Keys?

You can contact District Security Management at 512-223-7277 or 512-223-7275, or you can come by the District Security Management office, Suite 2320, Building 4000, Highland Campus, Monday – Friday, 7:30am - 4:00pm.

How do I know if the current card I have is actually an Access Card (vs. ID only)?

Some employees may have older ID cards that are not capable of receiving electronic access. You can determine whether your ID card is capable of receiving electronic access by looking at the back of your card. Look for a five-digit number below the magnetic stripe. Click here to view an example of the five-digit code.

If there is not a five-digit number below the magnetic strip, you will need a new card. The supervisor will then need to complete the District Access Form.

What should supervisors put on the form when unsure which door(s) an employee will need access to?

Supervisors should provide the information that you do have. For example: Campus, building, room number.

Security Management will contact the supervisor if more information is needed to determine the appropriate key.

What is the responsibility of supervisors when their employees are leaving ACC?

Supervisors are responsible for collecting the keys at the time of, or before, the exit interview. The keys can be collected by the supervisor, or the supervisor can escort the employee to the campus police office to ensure that the keys are submitted. District Police or Security Management will indicate on the key request that the keys have been received.

What should I do if my key and/or access card has been lost/misplaced/stolen?

It is your responsibility to report a lost or stolen key and/or access card to District Police or Security Management immediately. You may contact the Police Office at your campus, or District Security Management Office. If this occurs after normal campus hours, you can contact the District Police dispatch office.

  • District Security Management 512-223-7277/7275 (normal business hours)
  • District Police Dispatch 512-223-7999 (24 hours/7 days a week)

How can I get a replacement for a lost/stolen key that was issued to me?

 It is your responsibility to report this to the District Police immediately. An incident report will be made by the District Police and they will provide you with an incident number. Your supervisor will need this incident report number when filling out a new District Access Form. There may be a replacement fee accessed by the VP of Safety and Operations.

Do I need to fill out the District Access Form each time I want to change access on a card?

Yes, however, once the new Workday system is in place, supervisors will not have to fill out much of the information that the form currently requires.