Assessing Project Need
Strong research and clear, concise writing will help you form a compelling need statement.
- Make sure that all components of your need statement directly relate to the goals and objectives of the Request for Proposals (RFP).
- Support your methods with evidence from current statistics and research. What are possible broader impacts of your project on the region, state and/or nation?
- Identify if there are similar programs which have undertaken comparable goals and objectives; build on their successes and identify solutions to their shortfalls.
- Ensure that your project addresses the scope expressed in the RFP (number of participants, geographic area, populations served, etc.)
- Make certain that your goals and objectives are realistic with regard to the project budget and timeline; set yourself up for success.