Employee Assistance Program (EAP)

Austin Community College provides a confidential, independent employee assistance program for employees and their families. Assistance is available for those individuals with personal, work, or alcohol and drug abuse problems.

The EAP serves as an excellent resource for addressing difficult employee relations issues such as substance and alcohol abuse and work place conflicts. The EAP also provides training opportunities for employees and supervisors.

Under certain circumstances where drug or alcohol use or abuse is suspected, the employee may be required to attend the Employee Assistance Program. The supervisor shall consult with the Vice Chancellor of Human Resources to determine the terms of participation. The supervisor will provide the employee with written communication regarding the requirements to participate in EAP.

The employee, as a condition of continued employment, must meet the requirements. If the employee does not complete the requirements the employee will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination.

Employees may contact EAP at:

1-866-EAP-2400; call 24/7/ 365 days a year!
Employees can reach Deer Oaks online or by email.

Employees who voluntarily seek treatment or counseling for drug or alcohol related problems are accommodated as much as possible to allow them to address the problem. Employees are encouraged to use available resources such as EAP, sick leave, FMLA leave, compensation time, and vacation leave in order to participate in a drug rehabilitation program.

Local Resources

Aside from EAP, employees may choose to seek additional resources. Below is a list of local and national resources.

NOTE:  In an emergency: call 9-1-1.

The 24 Hour Crisis Line for:
Travis County residents: 512-472-HELP (4357)
Williamson County residents: 800-841-1255
Hays County residents: 877-466-0660

Narcotics Anonymous of:
Travis County: 512-480-0004
Williamson County: 512-480-0004
Hays County 512-480-0004

Alcoholics Anonymous of:
Travis County: 512-444-0071
Williamson County: 512-444-0071
Hays County: 512-396-2060 or 512-444-0071

National Hotlines and Helplines
Provides information on alcoholism and alcohol abuse and refers callers to local AL-ANON support groups established to help friends and families of alcoholics (1-888-4AL-ANON or 1-888-425-2666).  

Alcoholics Anonymous (A.A. World Services)
Provides information and support to recovering alcoholics through local chapters in communities nationwide (1-212-870-3400).

The American Council on Alcoholism Helpline
Provides referrals to alcohol treatment programs nationwide and provides written materials (1-800-527-5344).

Cocaine Anonymous
Provides information and support to individuals suffering from cocaine addiction (1-800-347-8998). 

National Clearinghouse for Alcohol and Drug Information
Provides information and referrals (1-800-7296686).

Institute for a Drug-Free Workplace
Provides information to employers and employees on drug-abuse prevention programs (1-202-842-7400).