SACSCOC On-Site Visit was a SUCCESS!
The SACSCOC (Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges) On-Site Visit is an important part of our reaffirmation process. The on-site team was at ACC October 24-27, 2022. You can learn more about what this means for ACC faculty, staff, and students by watching the recording of our FINAL QEP Campus Conversation with the Chancellor.
After a college-wide vote between four different possible topics, the ACC community has chosen “Digital Fluency and Innovation” as our QEP topic. You can read more about the winning proposal and watch a video about it by going to the Topic Selection Committee page. Note that the name was changed slightly since the topic selection to better capture the scope of work of our QEP. The project remains the same! You can also visit the Digital Fluency and Innovation at ACC website to learn more and get involved with our QEP now that is has launched!
What is a QEP?
The Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) is an integral component of the reaffirmation of accreditation process and is derived from an institution’s ongoing comprehensive planning and evaluation processes. It reflects and affirms a commitment to enhance overall institutional quality and effectiveness by focusing on an issue the institution considers important to improving student learning outcomes and/or student success. It takes the form of a five year plan with measurable outcomes.
Why is a QEP important?
The QEP allows the entire college to focus on work that is aimed at improving the student experience. Students benefit because the work should impact them directly. Faculty and Staff benefit because they will communicate with each other and collaborate to support students in valuable ways. The college as a whole should benefit because the QEP must fit into the current strategic plan. It is a unique opportunity to engage in a large-scale project that moves the needle on our continuous improvement efforts.
How Can I Get Involved?
Visit the Digital Fluency and Innovation website to learn more. There is information for students and for faculty.
- Topic Selection | January 2021 - September 2021 - COMPLETE!
- Development | October 2021 - August 2022 - COMPLETE!
- Implementation | September 2022 - August 2027 - In progress!
News & Updates
Check back here for regular updates.
- February 7, 2023 - Made final updates to this website, which will remain as an historical archive of how we developed the QEP.
- October 27, 2022 - SACSCOC onsite vist completed successfully. QEP was approved! Now the work will be taken over by the implementation team, led by Dean Linda Smarzik.
- October 18, 2022 - Posted the QEP One Pager to prepare participants for our SACSCOC Onsite Vist
- October 13, 2022 - Made the recording of the final QEP Campus Conversation available for viewing.
- October 6, 2022 - Held the final QEP Campus Conversation to discuss the QEP and the upcoming SACSCOC Onsite Visit.
- September 14, 2022 - The final QEP Report and Executive Summary have been added the "Our Topic - Digital Fluency" page.
- Septemeber 8, 2022 - We've scheduled our FINAL QEP Campus Conversation with the Chancellor! Join us ONLINE Thursday, October 6 from 10-11am to learn more about our upcoming SACSCOC On-Site Visit and our QEP which will be deployed this semester!
- August 16, 2022 - The QEP Development Committee suggested a change to the name of the QEP and it has been approved by OCRM, who will help us unveil the new logo. The new, official name is "Digital Fluency and Innovation".
- August 15, 2022 - We are now accepting volunteers for the QEP Implementation Committee. Learn more, and submit your application by August 28, 2022!
- August 12, 2022 - We had the final QEP Development Committee Meeting - The QEP report for SACSCOC is almost complete!
- March 2, 2022 - June 30, 2022 - Our suggestion survey was open for community members to offer thoughts about improving the QEP.
- February 2022 - Created a new webpage to share details about our QEP topic / project.
- January 19 & 20, 2022 - We had our SACSCOC Advisory Visit for the 2023 Reaffirmation. We provided information about where we are in our process with the QEP and received glowing feedback from our SACSCOC VP.
- November 5, 2021 - QEP Development Committee had its kickoff meeting - they will meet every two weeks until their work is complete. If you want to share your thoughts with your employee association representative on this committee, please do. You can find our members on the QEP Development Membership List.
- October 29, 2021 - QEP Development Commitee has been selected, and meeting dates scheduled
- October 1, 2021 - QEP topic shared at General Assembly - The topic selected through the college-wide vote is “Digital Fluency for Today’s Jobs.”
- September 14-23, 2021 - College-Wide Voting on four topic finalists.
- September 14, 2021 - Campus Conversation about College-Wide QEP Voting was held. Watch Recording.
- July 30, 2021- The Topic Selection Committee selected four QEP Topic Finalists. The finalists will be included in the collegewide vote.
- July 27, 2021 - The Topic Selection Committee completed its second round of research and review on the 15 topics.
- June 7, 2021 - The topic selection committee has evaluated the responses to the QEP survey. You can see some basic results on the topic selection committee page.
- June 4, 2021 - All topics from the AMP and topic suggestion form have been reviewed. 15 topics will now go through our second round of research and consideration.
- April 23, 2021 - topic suggestion form and the QEP survey were both closed on schedule
- April 8, 2021 - Campus Conversation about the QEP was held. Watch Recording.
- March 10, 2021 - QEP survey was opened to collect major themes for consideration
- January 2021 - topic suggestion form was opened to collect topic proposals