Apply for financial aid early. Some types of aid are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.
Financial Aid can only cover classes on your declared degree plan. Please see "Check Your Eligibility" for more details.
- 1. Complete the ACC admissions process
- Required of all applicants. Austin Community College begin the processing of financial aid applications after you successfully complete all enrollment requirements and submit all required documentation and transcripts to the college.
- 2. Complete the FAFSA
Submit the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) and review eligibility requirements.
- If needed, create an FSA ID and password to sign your FAFSA.
- Enter ACC’s federal school code 012015 in the school information section.
- Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool if applicable
Non-citizens and undocumented students
If you are not a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen, you are not eligible for federal aid and cannot submit the FAFSA. If you are an undocumented student with Texas residency status, follow these instructions to apply for state aid.
- 3. Log in to Self-Service to access Self-Service Financial Aid
- Log in to Self-Service to access Self-Service Financial Aid. Your ACCeID and password are required. Financial Aid notices are also sent to your ACCmail. Check these accounts regularly after you apply for aid. Failure to respond promptly will delay your financial aid application.
- 4. Review and respond to your award offer
You'll get an ACCmail notice when a financial aid offer is ready to review. You will visit Self-Service to:
- Indicate whether you accept or reject each type of financial aid that’s offered.
- Review disclosure information about your award offer.
Failure to accept aid may cause you to be dropped from your classes for non-payment of tuition and fees. Your financial aid award is subject to change based on your enrollment. (i.e. course selection, number of classes, etc.)
To receive student loans, you must complete entrance counseling and a Master Promissory Note (MPN). For assistance, follow these instructions. If you are a first-time borrower, please sign up to attend a Loan Information Workshop at an ACC campus. Allow up to three business days for ACC to record your completion of the entrance counseling and MPN.
- 5. Obtain your funds
- If you followed the steps above, you should begin receiving funds at the start of the semester. ACC directly pays your tuition and fees from your financial aid award; refunds are processed the following week. ACC partners with BankMobile to deliver your refund. It is important to choose a refund delivery preference whether or not you expect a refund. Set up your BankMobile account.
REMINDER: If the amount of your accepted financial aid award is not enough to cover your outstanding tuition and fees, please pay the difference or set up a payment plan by the next payment deadline in order to avoid being dropped from your courses.