Explore these other types of financial assistance when planning your college funds.
You may eligible for a college tuition exemption due to military service, profession, physical disability, or other life circumstance.
The ACC Veterans Office is dedicated to helping our nation’s veterans receive both federal and state educational benefits.
Military (Department of Defense) Tuition Assistance
Active members of the U.S. Armed Forces may qualify for Tuition Assistance from the Department of Defense (DoD). Military service members should inquire with the Educational Services Officer (ESO) within their respective Service.
ACC wants to ensure that military service members are aware of the following enrollment practices:
- Prohibition on Enrollment Incentives
- Austin Community College prohibits providing any commission, bonus, or other incentive payment (based directly or indirectly on securing enrollments or federal financial aid) to any persons or entities engaged in any student recruiting, admission activities, or making decisions regarding the award of student financial assistance.
This prohibition includes securing any military service member enrollments as per Department of Defense (DoD) Memorandum of Understanding (MOU), paragraph 3.j.(2).
- Prohibition on High-Pressure Recruitment
- Austin Community College does not engage in high-pressure student recruitment tactics and refrains from making multiple unsolicited contacts (3 or more) and engaging in same-day recruitment and registration. “Unsolicited contacts” include school-initiated interactions by phone, email, or in-person.
As per Department of Defense (DoD) Memorandum of Understanding (MOU), paragraph 3.j.(3), this policy incorporates military service members for the purpose of securing enrollments.
- DoD Approval Required Prior to Enrollment
- Austin Community College requires recruitment and enrollment personnel to direct military service members to their Educational Services Officer (ESO) or counselor within the Military Service to receive enrollment approval prior to enrolling.
Per Department of Defense (DoD) Memorandum of Understanding (MOU), paragraph 4.d.(1), “If an eligible Service member decides to use Tuition Assistance (TA), educational institutions will enroll him or her only after the TA is approved by the individual’s Service.”
The Support Center provides assistance paying for childcare and textbooks along with one-on-one support with educational planning, goal-setting, and follow-through.
The Student Emergency Fund is need-based and intended for currently enrolled students faced with emergencies.
Tuition and fees paid by someone other than the student (employer, organization, etc.) is considered a third-party sponsor. Contact your employer or other organization to which you belong to see if tuition assistance is available.