Exceptional faculty, special projects, guest speakers, cultural events, and field trips lead to a challenging and creative learning experience for students eligible for ACC's Honors Program.
- Small, seminar-like class sizes
- Coursework involving research, independent inquiry, creative expression, and community service
- Special events and programs
- Transfer eligibility into partner universities’ honors programs
Honors class registration is restricted to students who apply and are accepted to the Honors Program.
Meet at least one of the following minimum requirements:
- Top 10 percent of graduating high school class
- Cumulative high school GPA of 3.5 or higher on a 4-point scale
- 26 or higher on the ACT or 1170 or higher on the SAT (Critical Reading & Math sections only)
- Cumulative college GPA of 3.25 or higher (and must have completed nine hours of college transferable coursework)
Since intellectual motiviation is a significant factor in determining academic success, those who fall slightly short of the criteria, but who wish to undertake the challenge, may be admitted at the discretion of the Honors Chair.