Living in the U.S.

The information on these pages will prepare you to live in Austin and attend Austin Community College:

Driver's license & Texas State ID

Get a driver's license or official state ID.


Know the employment rules that apply to you.

Health insurance needs

Healthcare is expensive in the U.S. Insure yourself in case of a medical emergency.

Housing options

The Austin area offers a variety of private apartments, dormitories, and even homes.

Public transportation

Bus and rail service covers a lot of Austin, but not all areas.


All international students must file at least one U.S. tax form for every year they are present in the U.S. Learn more.