Intensive English Program (IEP) Application Requirements

Austin Community College's Intensive English Program (IEP) is designed for students whose goal is to complete an associate degree at Austin Community College (ACC) or to transfer to another college or university. Students can apply to the program, and if accepted, be issued a Form I-20 to apply for an F-1 student visa in their home country.

All classes for the Intensive English Program (IEP) are held at the Highland Campus.

There are four levels of the Intensive English Program (IEP), held in eight-week sessions. There are two eight-week session each Fall and Spring semester, and one eight-week session in the Summer semester. Each session of the IEP costs $2,200 U.S. dollars.

Upon successful completion of the Intensive English Program, International students are eligible for admission to an academic program, once all other admissions requirements have been met.

International students planning to attend the Intensive English Program (IEP) at Austin Community College must submit all application requirements to the International Student Office by the application deadlines (incomplete applications will NOT be accepted for processing).

Complete these required application steps, based on your visa type.

1. Submit Required documents

Submit original documents only. We cannot accept faxed, scanned, or photocopied versions of documents unless indicated in the document instructions.

Note: Make sure the name on your application matches the name as it appears on your passport. Please notify us if it is different than how it appears on your transcript.

Where to send documents
Mailing address:

Austin Community College
Attn: International Student Office
1020 Grove Blvd
Austin, Texas 78741

Once we receive your required documents, we will notify you via email to submit the ACC online application. Allow at least 2 weeks for processing documents.

F-1 new student: I live outside the United States and still need to obtain an F-1 student visa.

F-1 transfer student: I have an F-1 visa in the United States and I want to transfer to ACC.

Other visa types: I lawfully reside in the United States as a temporary worker, diplomat, exchange visitor, under temporary protective status, or other immigrant type.

2. Complete the Online Application

The International Student Office will instruct you when to submit the online application.
Do not complete the online application with your ITIN (Individual Taxpayer Identification Number).

If you do not have a U.S. Social Security number: The International Student Office assigns you an alternate number via email after processing your required documents. You will use this number in place of a Social Security number when completing the online application.

If you do have a U.S. Social Security number:  The International Student Office will instruct you when to submit the online application.

3. Pay the Application Fee

The $100 non-refundable application fee can be paid online. Include your Social Security number or ACC-assigned alternate number.