The TRIO Student Support Services (SSS) focuses on ensuring you receive personal, career, mentoring and tutoring support services to ensure your academic success.
Participants have an opportunity to receive a $1000 Scholarship
Apply for TRIO SSS
Here's what you can expect:
If you are accepted into the program, you can expect to receive the following supports:
- One on One Academic Guidance: Assistance to help you navigate your college experience and, if you are interested, transition to a 4-year institution.
- Academic Coaching: Provide personalized support to help you with test preparation, time management, note taking, reading comprehension, goal setting, getting organized, self advocacy, mindfulness, and more.
- Tutoring: Free, one-on-one tutoring sessions within a supportive learning environment.
- Transfer Information & University Exploration: Learn the fundamentals of the transfer process and tips to succeed when looking at Universities, including university tours.
- Support Resources: Textbook purchasing assistance ( Up to $420 value for a fulltime student), an opportunity to earn a $1000 TRIO scholarship, and assistance in navigating financial aid and other financial opportunities to assist in paying for college.
- Scholarships & Grants: A variety of scholarships are available,and you will receive assistance applying for scholarships
- Financial Aid: Workshops on financial aid topics, assistance completing FAFSA applications, and guidance through financial aid issues
TRIO SSS FAQs
- Is there a deadline to apply for TRIO?
- TRIO SSS accepts applications throughout the year. TRIO is funded to serve only 144 students. We work on a first-come-first-serve policy. (Note: Students may be put on a waiting list.)
- Can I belong to other programs on campus as well as be a TRIO student?
- Yes! We encourage students to take advantage of as many resources on campus as possible.
- Can I be a TRIO student if I’m not a US citizen?
- TRIO SSS is a federal program funded by the United States Department of Education. The Department of Education requires all participating students to be a U.S. citizen, or a legal resident.
- Who can I contact if I have any questions?
This supportive program is funded by the U.S. Department of Education to provide assistance to diverse, minority, first-generation, and/or students with disability who are enrolled at Austin Community College.