The Austin Community College District promotes student success and community development by providing affordable
access, through traditional and distance learning modes, to higher education and workforce training in its service area.
To fulfill its mission, the college will provide, within its available resources, the mission elements prescribed by the State of Texas:
- Vocational and technical programs of varying lengths leading to certificates or degrees.
- Freshman- and sophomore-level academic courses leading to an associate degree or serving as the base of baccalaureate degree program at a four-year institution.
- Continuing adult education for academic, occupational, professional, and cultural enhancement
- Special instructional programs and tutorial services to assist underprepared students and others who need special assistance to achieve their educational goals.
- A continuing program of counseling and advising designed to assist students in achieving their individual educational and occupational goals.
- A program of technology, library, media, and testing services to support instruction.
- Contracted instruction programs and services for area employers that promote economic development.