Contact for Transfer Students
(512) 651-4700 or 888-628-8392
Articulation Agreement: In progress
Degree Programs for adult students are offered both onsite at the Austin location and online. Degree programs are available in Accounting, Allied Health, Arts and Sciences, Business, Information Technology, Legal Studies, and Nursing.
Not all programs are offered onsite.
Admission Requirements for Transfer Students
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0.
- A scaled score of at least 2200 on the mathematics and English Language Arts sections of the TAKS, with a writing subscore of at least 3, and taken within three years of enrolling at NAU.
- Students with associate or baccalaureate degrees or serving on active duty as a member of the armed forces or the Texas National Guard are exempt from TSI.
- For more information
Transfer Credit Information
NAU accepts courses taken at any regionally accredited institution with a grade of “C” or above that are not considered remedial or developmental.
- For a Bachelor of Science degree in Information Technology or Applied Management, at least 36 credit hours of a total of 184.5 credit hours must be taken at NAU.
- For a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration, at least 58.5 credit hours of a total of 184.5 credit hours must be taken at NAU.
NAU will only accept grades of “C” or above. “Ds” don’t transfer and only the highest grade of repeated courses is accepted.
Approximate Cost/Range for One Academic Year
(15 hours per semester Fall and Spring)
Tuition and fee information
Quality accredited education is accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, locally, nationally and globally through NAU’s distance learning program. Students attend college at a time and place that suits their personal style
Prospective students are highly recommended to enroll for distance learning classes at the main NAU-Austin campus site. The URL for the Central Distance Learning Center is: http://www.national.edu/Locations/Online/Pages/default.aspx
NAU recognizes that many students would be unable to pursue their educational goals without financial assistance. For those who qualify, NAU provides financial aid in the form of grants, scholarships, work study, and low-interest loan programs through federal, state, and local sources.
Scholarships for Transfer Students
Information on outside scholarships is available in NAU’s online catalog.
Special Programs Unique to This School
Founded in 1941, NAU understands the needs of working professionals, offering accelerated classes on a quarterly schedule. With flexible class schedules and online classes, NAU helps working professionals move ahead by offering adults accredited, accelerated college courses to help students advance their careers, finish a degree, or work on an advanced degree.
NAU business and IT classes are conveniently located on North MoPac, near many of the area's largest employers. For more information, please visit website.
National American University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, 230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL, 60604, www.ncahlc.org, 800-621-7440.
Note: The information shown here is subject to change. Students are strongly encouraged to verify information with the institution to which they intend to transfer.