Contact for Transfer Students
April Cano, Transfer Admission Counselor
Articulation Agreement: Yes
Admission Requirements for Transfer Students
No ACT nor SAT required, if the student has completed at least 12-17 semester credit hours of college-level work with a minimum GPA of 2.5 OR 18+ semester credit hours of college-level work with a minimum GPA of 2.0, and is not on suspension. Steps to transfer
Fall (August 1)
Spring (December 1)
Summer I (May 15)
Summer II (June 1)
Transfer Credit Information
- Maximum number of hours accepted - 66 academic/4 physical education (70 total)
- Minimum number of hours accepted = N/A
- No experience-based education accepted
- Military experience accepted with official documentation
- CLEP Subject exams accepted.
D grades accepted with total grade points divided by total number of attempted transferable hours.
Approximate Cost/Range for One Academic Year
(15 hours per semester Fall and Spring)
|Tuition & Fees||$4,060|
|Room & Board||$7,001|
|Books & Supplies||$1,000|
Scholarships for Transfer Students:
S. Trevor Thorn
P.O. Box 2418
Huntsville, TX 77340
Special Programs Unique to This School
- Sam Houston State University's Criminal Justice Program is considered the best in the state. The Criminal Justice Program offers a Ph.D. in Criminal Justice.
- Sam Houston also offers a Bachelor Degree in Photography.
- The College of Education and Applied Science boasts having one of the best Texas Education Departments west of the Mississippi and was the first teachers’ college in the state of Texas.
- The College of Business Administration is accredited by the prestigious AACSB -The International Association for Management Education.
14,947 (Male 42%, Female 58%)
Organizations for Transfer Students
Student Activities at (936) 294.3861
Sam Houston State University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award bachelors, masters and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call (404) 679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Sam Houston State University or visit their website www.sacscoc.org.
Note: The information shown here is subject to change. Students are strongly encouraged to verify information with the institution to which they intend to transfer.