Office of Admissions
1001 E. University Avenue
Georgetown, Texas 78626
512.863.1200 | FAX 512.863.9601
Contact for Transfer Students
Admissions & Recruitment Coordinator
Articulation Agreement: Yes
Admission Requirements for Transfer Students
- When applying use either the Transfer Common Application or ApplyTexas application.
- Transcripts from all previous colleges attended.
- Must be in good standing and Transfer Student Statement of Good Standing form required (available through Southwestern Admissions Office or college official report from the Common Application).
- Minimum transfer GPA: 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Interview is recommended. For appointment, call 800.252.3166.
Learn more about admission requirements for transfer students
Strengthening Pathways Program
Learn more about this partnership between Southwestern University and Austin Community College
Transfer Credit Information
- Maximum number of hours accepted: 60 hours
- Experience-based education accepted? No
- Military experience possibly accepted for fitness course requirements. Must be evaluated.
- AP & IB credit accepted. Must be evaluated
All non-technical/non-vocational courses from accredited colleges, in which a student has earned a C- or better, are eligible for transfer to Southwestern. If the course is found comparable to a course at Southwestern, an appropriate course number will be assigned in a transcript evaluation by the Registrar’s Office. Southwestern faculty members may be consulted for course compatibility and the applicant may be asked to submit course descriptions, syllabi and reading lists to complete the official transcript review. If a course is accepted for credit it will be counted as “transfer credit.” No grade points for transfer courses will be calculated in the Southwestern University grade point average. Remedial coursework is not accepted. Here is a list of transferable classes with Texas Common Course Numbers.
Approximate Cost/Range for One Academic Year
(12 or more hours per semester, Fall and Spring)
|Tuition & Fees||$34,410|
|Room & Board||$8,294|
|Books & Supplies||$1,000|
Scholarships for Transfer Students
- Contact Will Molidor at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Transfer scholarships available. Must have minimum 3.0 GPA and 12 transferable credit hours. High school record is also evaluated.
- Financial Aid/FAFSA Priority Deadline: March 1
- Fall entry: April 1
- Spring entry: October 1
- Rolling admission after posted deadlines.
Southwestern University is accredited by theSouthern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Collegesto award baccalaureate degrees. Contact the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Southwestern University.
Note: The information shown here is subject to change. Students are strongly encouraged to verify information with the institution to which they intend to transfer.