Contact for Transfer Students
Shaniece Miller, Coordinator of Transfer Services
Articulation Agreement: Yes
For all programs. Equivalency guides available
Admission Requirements for Transfer Students
The following minimum standards must be met for transfer admissions:
- Students with fewer than 30 semester hours of transferable college credit and a cumulative GPA of 2.8 or higher will be admitted.
- Students with a cumulative GPA of 2.00 - 2.79 will be admitted, provided they also meet the regular admission standards for first-time freshman applicants.
- Students with 30 or more semester hours of transferable college credit an accumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher will be admitted.
- Students with 11 or fewer semester hours of college level credit and a cumulative GPA of 2.00 or higher who meet one of the regular admission standards for first-time freshman applicants will be admitted.
- More information on requirements for transfer students
Transfer Credit Information
- Maximum number of hours accepted: 68 plus 3 hours of physical education.
- If courses are repeated, only the best grade will be used in the admission decision, but all attempts will be posted to student records.
- Developmental/remedial classes do not transfer.
- Lowest grade accepted by most departments: D
Approximate Cost/Range for One Academic Year
(15 hours per semester Fall and Spring):
Tuition & Fees
Room & Board
Books & Supplies
- Title IV Code: 003631
- More financial aid information
Scholarships for Transfer Students
Shawndi Wilson, Director of Scholarships
- Applications for scholarships must be filed on or before FEBRUARY 15 for the following fall or DECEMBER 1 for the following spring.
- More than 400 endowed, local, departmental, and other scholarships are available to students attending Tarleton State University.
Tarleton State University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the Associate’s Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral degrees.
Note: The information shown here is subject to change. Students are strongly encouraged to verify information with the institution to which they intend to transfer.