Texas State University-San Marcos is accredited by the Commission on Colleges (COC) of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS), the regional accrediting organization for eleven states in the southeastern United States, including Texas.
Note: The information shown here is subject to change. Students are strongly encouraged to verify information with the institution to which they intend to transfer.
- $60 application fee.
- Transfer students with 30-plus transferable hours must have a 2.25 GPA.
- Transfer students with fewer than 30 hours must have a 2.0 GPA and meet freshman admission requirements including required high school courses, high school transcripts, essay, class rank verification and SAT/ACT.
- Minimum transfer GPA 2.25
- Maximum number of hours accepted: 66 (All transfer credit will be transcripted; Academic department will determine which hours will be applied to degree.)
- Experience based education maximum: For Occupational Education majors only
- Military experience maximum: upon review by academic department after enrollment.
- Department proficiency exams may be used for college credit
- CLEP subject exams accepted.
Fall - April 1
Spring – April 1
Summer - March 1
Additional information on the Financial Aid website.
Transfer students should have at least a 3.5 GPA to be considered for Texas State scholarships.
Deadline: March 1
Office of Financial Aid-Scholarship Coordinator, 512.245.8593
Financial Aid Office
2nd Floor, J.C. Kellam
San Marcos, TX 78666
Many transfer scholarships available
Complete scholarship application and one essay on line through Apply Texas Application
Physical Therapy (graduate level only)
Geography and Planning
Fall: July 15
Spring: November 15
Sum-1: May 1 (No summer entry for Communication Design)
Sum II: June 15