Back to Top
Back to Top

University of Houston - Victoria

University of Houston - Victoria

3007 N. Ben Wilson
Victoria, TX 77901
(361) 570-4848

Contact for Transfer Students:

Office of Admissions & Records                           
 3007 N. Ben Wilson
Victoria, TX 77901
(361) 570-4110 or (877) 970-4848, ext. 110

Articulation Agreement:  Yes

Academic Programs:

UH-Victoria is composed of the Schools of Arts and Sciences, Business Administration, and Education and Human Development. Junior, senior and graduate level course work is provided. Additional information on UH-V’s academic programs.

Admission Requirements for Transfer Students:

Undergraduate students are eligible to transfer to UH-Victoria after completing a minimum of 54 semester credit hours of academic course work at an accredited institution. They may concurrently enroll after completion of 30 semester credit hours. Additional information

Transfer Credit Information:

A student enrolled in a degree program at UH-Victoria may transfer hours from a junior college, subject to the following conditions:

  1. Courses taken at a junior college cannot transfer as upper division (junior and senior) credits.
  2. There is no limit to the number of credits transferable from a junior college, but in addition to these credits a student must earn a minimum of 54 semester hours of upper division work toward a bachelor’s degree.


(Do D’s transfer?) Yes

(Do transfer courses that are repeated both count towards admission requirements or does only second or higher grade count?) When a course has been repeated for credit, the last grade and credit hours earned will determine the acceptance for the course.

Approximate Cost/Range for One Academic Year

Visit the website.

Distance Learning: 

UHV offers programs/courses online and via ITV. Students enrolled in online courses have access to web support and resources at Also, online support technicians are available in each of the academic schools to provide email or phone support as needed by students. Contact information for these support technicians.

Financial Aid:

The University of Houston-Victoria offers a variety of federal, state, and institutional scholarships, grants, work study, and loans to lessen a student’s financial burden of higher education. Students can complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) annually at when applying for need-based aid. A UHV Scholarship Application must be completed annually when applying for UHV scholarships. The form is available in the Office of Financial Aid or on the following website:

Financial Aid Application Priority Deadlines

Fall - April 15
Spring – October 15
Summer – March 15

"Financial Aid Announcements” will be emailed to a student’s UHV email account when a change has been made to his/her financial aid status. The email will provide a link to Awards By Web. Only admitted students can view their financial aid status on-line via Awards By Web. Students who have not yet been admitted will receive correspondence through the mail.

Students who are degree seeking at UHV and need to take lower division courses for his/her degree plan can complete and submit a Consortium Agreement Form and provide the Financial Aid Office with a copy of the paid fee receipt from the other institution. UHV has agreements with the following campuses: Austin Community College, Coastal Bend College, Northwest and Southwest Houston Community College campuses, Wharton County Junior College, and the University of Houston-Downtown. If this paperwork is completed, UHV can award financial aid for the courses at UHV and the other institution because federal regulations allow students to only receive federal financial aid from one campus per semester.

Financial Aid Contact Information:

Telephone: (361) 570-4131 or toll-free at 1-877-970-4848 (ext. 131)
Fax: (361) 570-4132
Address: UHV Office of Financial Aid
3007 N. Ben Wilson
Victoria, TX 77901-5731

Scholarships for Transfer Students

The University of Houston-Victoria offers several scholarship initiatives to students transferring to the University of Houston-Victoria. Each year, the scholarship initiatives may vary. If a student is offered one of the scholarships, such as the Austin Community College Try UHV Scholarship, they will be encouraged to complete a UHV Special Initiative Scholarship Application. The application is available on the UHV Financial Aid webpage.

Special Programs Unique to This School:

UH-Victoria specializes in online delivery of courses while continuing to serve students through face-to-face and ITV (Interactive Television) courses.

Accreditation Information:

The University of Houston-Victoria is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) to award bachelor's and master's degrees.
Note: The information shown here is subject to change.  Students are strongly encouraged to verify information with the institution to which they intend to transfer.

Back to Top
Back to Top

Back to Top

Transfer Guides

Back to Top